|Tower of Babel|
| World 4-F1
|Universe Based On|| DOOM
|Level Designer|| Judgespear
|Introduced in Game Version|| v0.0.1
The level consists of four distinct areas. The first area is the tower's exterior, where you must navigate past enemies and around the structure to find a pipe that leads in. The second is a blood pool that leads into the tower, filled by demonic creatures. The third, and arguably most difficult, is the climb up the tower, which is riddled with instant-death lava and spike-laden walls while riding moving platforms. Last is the boss fight against the Cyberdemon.
- The first two areas of Tower of Babel were used in the prototype known as Super Mario MF.
- Part of the third section of the level was originally designed to be passed by using the Tanooki Suit's statue form. When it was decided that not all characters would use an invincible statue form for the suit's alternate power, the area was remodeled to accommodate this.
- The Tower of Babel is a story told in the Book of Genesis of the Tanakh (also referred to as the Hebrew Bible) meant to explain the origin of different languages. According to the story, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar.
Tips and Tricks
- Bring a Hammer Bros. Suit along for defense against the Imp's fire attack. One is provided in the third part of the level.
- The Cyberdemon has a huge weakness: pumpkins. Pull one out of the ground and drop it from above him to hit him multiple times. To make this even faster, fire the rockets at the monster.