The Tanooki Suit is a second-tier powerup, which is an advanced form of the Raccoon Leaf. The Tanooki Suit grants characters one additional power besides flight, either allowing the character to turn into a statue of some sort by pressing down and the run button or a unique ability depending on the suit.
- Mario will turn into Tanooki Mario. He takes his Raccoon abilities and adds an Asian-like statue to it.
- Luigi becomes Bee Luigi. Besides flight, he can spin and fire stingers in two directions.
- Wario will turn into Vampire Wario from the Wario Land series. This gives him an enhanced dash attack. His statue form is a Golden Wario statue.
- Sonic will gain the Mark-II Rocket Boots and a magnetic shield to attract coins.
- Arthur will gain Red Armor. This increases the speed of his attacks and allows him to throw one more projectile at a time.
- Link will become Classic Link from the first Legend of Zelda game. He wields the Zelda 1 Magic Sword, can fly by turning into a Zelda II fairy and fires sword beams.
- Samus acquires her Screw Attack, letting her damage enemies who contact her in mid-flight.
- Roll gains the use of Tango to fly. Roll can use Tango to attack enemies with a buzzsaw by holding up when releasing a charged shot. However, she can't fly while this is active and it uses weapon energy.
|Mario Universe||Super Mushroom | Fire Flower | Raccoon Leaf | Hammer Bros. Suit | Tanooki Suit | Blue Shell | Cape Feather | P-Wing|
|Sonic Universe||10 Rings | Fire Shield | Kevlar Shield|
|Arthur Universe||Armor | Halo Armor | Sun Shield | Apollo's Shoes | Hermes' Shoes ||
|Exclusive||Sci-Fi Suit | Mega Man Suit | Soldier Suit ||
|Other||1-Up Mushroom | 3-Up Moon | Poison Mushroom | Starman | Lifejacket | Reaper | Stomp Boots|