|Character Type||Playable Character|
|Affiliation||Mushroom Kingdom Coalition|
|Personality||Carefree, calculating, meticulous|
|Original Appearance||Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992)|
|Original Occupation||Inventor, Engineer, Sidekick|
Tails (real name, "Miles Prower") was a playable character in Mushroom Kingdom Fusion and member of the Mushroom Kingdom Coalition. Though of one of the earliest and longest-last characters on the roster, Tails was eventually removed due to the game-breaking possibilities of his flight power.
Tails first began as Sonic's sidekick back in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. He started out as a young admirer of Sonic who aided him in his latest attempt to foil Dr. Eggman's plans. In Sonic the Hedgehog 3, he developed his more unique trait of flying and his swimming ability.
When Sonic Adventure rolled around, Tails discovered he had a knack for machines and became an accomplished inventor, such as remodeling the various Tornado planes used by him and Sonic. He also gained significant self-confidence and learned how to stand on his own two feet to save Station Square from destruction at the hands of one of Eggman's missiles.
Tails has many of his abilities from Sonic the Hedgehog 3:
- He can perform a rolling attack by ducking while running. It's slightly weaker than Sonic's curled-up form in that he can't break bricks or hit ? blocks from the side with it.
- He can do a spin dash by holding down and the run button.
- A unique ability to Tails is the ability to fly for a limited time without the use of a leaf/tanooki powerup, though this flight is much slower and runs on a meter.
- Tails does not drown in Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, unlike the original Sonic games. Tails can swim normally and has movement different from that of the Mario Bros.
- He is one of the smaller characters in the game and is slower than Sonic.
- Tails, like Sonic, also has a nasty knockback when hit. While playing as Tails, he uses a ring-based damage system like in the first Sonic games.
Power-Up System Edit
|10 Rings||Coin Refill||Tails will gain 10 rings/coins if he has less than 10 rings/coins. If Tails has more than 10 rings/coins, he'll gain the second-tier power-ups.|
|Fire Shield||Fire Shield Tails||Tails will gain a shield that blocks most fire-based projectiles. It also enables him to perform a mid-air jump dash.|
|Raccoon Leaf||Raccoon Tails||Tails will become Raccoon Tails. Tails will gain better flight abilities, enabling him to fly further and longer.|
|Tanooki Suit||Tanooki Tails||Tails will become Tanooki Tails, giving him his Raccoon flight abilities. If you hold the run button while crouching, Tails will turn into the Tails Doll from Sonic R for his statue.|
|Kevlar Shield||Kevlar Shield Tails||A force-field that blocks all non-explosive projectiles and enables a mid-air jump dash.|
|Spartan Shield||Energy Shield Tails||Tails will gain a force field. It has a regenerating shield, like Mario's Spartan suit. It also has magnetic properties to attract coins.|
|Gyro Man Suit||Gyro Tails||Tails will become Gyro Man Tails. Gyro Man Tails can fly in this form like the Raccoon and Tanooki forms. Tails also has the Gyro Attack that is controlled by pressing up or down after shooting. It can even pierce through walls and ledges.|
|Main: Mario | Luigi | Sonic | Arthur | Wario | Link | Roll | Samus|
|Secret: Simon Belmont | Mega Man|